WASHINGTON, DC, June 11, 2021 / 24-7PressRelease / – SEC Commissioner Allison Lee, disability rights attorney Judy Heumann, and Mehrsa Baradaran, a leading expert on the racial prosperity gap, will be among the speakers for the 2021 US SIF FORUM.
The full line-up of plenary speakers includes:
• Frank Altman, Founder and CEO, Community Reinvestment Fund, USA
• Rebecca Cokley, Disability Rights Program Officer, Ford Foundation
• Justin Conway, VP of Investment Partnerships, Calvert Impact Capital
• Martin Eakes, CEO, Self-Help / Responsible Lending Center
• Anne-Catherine Husson-Traore, CEO, Novethic
• Aaron Hu, Assistant Treasurer, Twitter
• Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer, Microsoft
• Janet McCabe, Assistant Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency
• Lisa Mensah, President and CEO, Opportunity Finance Network
• Tobias Read, Treasurer, State of Oregon
• Lisa Woll, CEO, US SIF: The forum for sustainable and responsible investments
The event marks the organization’s 10th annual conference and activities will virtually take place from June 15-18. Registration is possible on the US SIF conference website.
“This conference is a must for investors, advisors, companies and policy makers who focus on advancing environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues,” said Lisa Woll, CEO of US SIF. “In times of rapid political changes on critical environmental and social issues, it is particularly important to hear from leading experts.”
On June 14, US SIF will offer an abridged version of its live virtual course on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment. On June 15, there will be programs for US SIF members only, including a session on the future of sustainable investment and a public briefing. The annual conference will take place from 16.-18. June. Live conference programming begins each day at 11:00 AM ET and ends at 2:30 PM ET.
The annual US SIF FORUM offers participants the opportunity to network with executives from the sustainable and impact-oriented investment community and to find out about new approaches, trends and political developments. The US SIF conferences focus on a wide range of environmental, social and governance topics, with an emphasis on substantive meetings and exciting networking opportunities.
Speakers, agenda and participants
The topics of this year’s conference are:
• Racial Justice
• Audit + ESG disclosure
• Just economic transition
• Inclusion of disabilities
• climate risk
• Human rights + supply chains
• Financial advisor track
• Measuring and reporting on impact
• Community investment
• The impact of the EU’s sustainable finance plan
Other confirmed speakers include:
• Kate Finn, Executive Director, First Peoples Worldwide
• Erin Fitzgerald, CEO, US Farmers & Ranchers in Action® (USFRA®)
• Michelle Friedman, Executive Director, MSCI ESG Research
• Julie Gorte, Senior Vice President, Sustainable Investing, Impax Asset Management
• Louisa Greve, Director of Global Advocacy, Uyghur Human Rights Project
• Edward Kamonjoh, Director Impact Management, Calvert Research and Management
• Erika Karp, Chief Impact Officer, Pathstone
• Ali Khawar, Assistant Secretary of the US Department of Labor
• Amy Hall, Social Awareness Strategic Advisor, Eileen Fisher
• Esohe Denise Odaro, Head of Investor Relations, International Finance Corporation
• Shawn Escoffery, Executive Director, Roy and Patricia Disney Family Foundation
• Yusuf George, Managing Director of Corporate Engagement, JUST Capital
• Tina Owens, Senior Director of Food and Agriculture Impact, Danone North America
• Jim Roach, Senior Vice President of Retirement Strategies, Natixis Investment Managers
The full list of conference speakers for 2021 and a detailed agenda are available on the US SIF conference website.
Participants at this year’s conference include representatives from investment and consulting companies, foundations and family offices, research and rating agencies, financial planners and consultants, broker-dealers, universities, municipal development institutions, the federal government, and private and public companies.
In addition, the Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship Program, which is already in its eighth year, offers students and PhD students interested in a career in sustainable investment the opportunity to participate in the US SIF FORUM 2021. This year’s scholarship holders include 19 students from 11 different universities.
The sponsors of the 2021 conference include:
Main Sponsor: Calvert Research and Management
Main sponsors: Aegon Asset Management, CRF USA, FAIRR Initiative, Natural Investments LLC, Parnassus Investments, Pathstone and Trillium Asset Management
Engagement sponsor: ClearBridge Investments
Virtual Technology Sponsor: Natixis Investment Managers
Supporting sponsors: Carillon Tower Advisers, Dana Investment Advisors, Envest, Impax Asset Management and North Sky Capital
Peter DeSimone Fellow: Boston Trust Walden, Calvert Impact Capital, Praxis Mutual Funds, and PIMCO
Contributing Sponsors: Allianz Investment Management, Bain Capital, Incapital, MSCI, Nuveen, Self-Help Credit Union, RBC Global Asset Management, and RK Invest Law.
This event is also supported by the MacArthur Foundation.
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice promoting sustainable and impact investing in all asset classes. Their mission is to rapidly shift investment practices towards sustainability, with an emphasis on long-term investments and generating positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisers, community investment organizations, and nonprofits.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501 (C) (3) organization that conducts educational and research activities to advance US SIF’s mission.
Learn more at ussif.org.
Press releases and press release distribution provided from http://www.24-7pressrelease.com