The mayor’s lockout of CTU educators created additional economic hardship for members who were already dealing with a variety of hardships caused by the pandemic. To cushion the blow, the AFT and CTU are granting interest-free loans to any members who have lost their pay due to a lockout.
Who is eligible for the loan?
- Must be an active member of the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU).
- Active CTU members must complete and submit Form A to certify that they have recognized the work action.
- The applicant must be a member of the United Credit Union (UCU).
- An initial deposit of $25 is required to open an account and may be part of the loan payout.
- Must have lost salary for being barred from Chicago Public Schools on Jan 5th, 6th, 7th & 10th 2022.
When do I apply? How much is the loan and how do I pay it back?
United Credit Union will accept applications from Tuesday, January 18, 2022 through Friday, February 4, 2022. The loan amount is $480. The loan has an interest rate of 0%. The member will repay by deduction from wages from Friday 11 February 2022.
How do I get the application package?
I have questions about the lockout loan application. Who can I ask?
Where do I send non-application credit questions?
You can email the CTU Membership Department or the Accounting Department.